Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cold Rain

It is a cold rainy day and according to Kyle only 130 days left until hurricane season begins! Kyle is a weather freak and it's not a passing phase either - he's been at it for 3 years ever since my parents showed him The Weather Channel. Anyway, only 8 degrees cooler and we'd be in for some more snow. The kids enjoyed a day off last week and frolicked in the wet snow (Lili chose to stay warm and dry inside, thank you).
Kyle got his 2nd report card: Language Arts 100; Math 100; Science 99; Social Studies 99; Reading 98. Not much room for improvement!
I'm considering signing up with an organization that wants to train parent advocates for newly diagnosed parents in the ASD world. I would gain even more knowledge that not only will help Lili but others as well. I've always wondered what my calling is suppose to be. Maybe this is it?
I recently met one of the women who authored & spearheaded the autism bill that mandated insurance pay for autism therapy. As of this date SC has THE most comprehensive insurance mandate law - thanks to her and two other ladies. Anyway, this lady, her name is Marcella Riddley, just made a great impression on me. I thought, "I'd like to be like her". I doubt I'll be as powerful as her (she is in the know with MANY politicians including our awful governor)...but maybe I can possess the knowledge that she does and one day give hope to other devastated parents. The help out there for parents of newly diagnosed children is three hundred percent better than even 3 years ago when Lili was diagnosed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You already are making a difference!