Sunday, January 6, 2008

Salsa

I adore two kinds of dips: salsa & hummus. My most favorite salsa is Jack's Special Salsa (mild)...no, not because my kid's name is Jack! I put the link to it in my Favorite Links sidebar to the left of this page. It makes those jarred salsas by tostitoes (and the like) taste NASTY. Try and find it - I get it in the deli section of my store in a refridgerated foods section...you'll thank me! I have not tried their hummus yet (can't find it here but I'm looking) so any ol' hummus will do for me now. My Jack does like salsa...Lili "tolerates" it and Kyle doesn't like salsa. He's not a dip (or dressing or sauce) boy. I always thought it was funny how kid magazines and books would encourage parents to give their kids foods they can dip (and have fun) to encourage better eating. Kyle could care less about dips. Jack is one to respond to dipping though. He wants ketchup on everything. "Keshup!" is one of his few words you can clearly understand (in addition to "NO!").

No comments: