Sunday, January 20, 2008

What Kind of World Do You Want?

Five for Fighting has a great song and video out on their website. Everytime you view it they give 40 cents to ASD research & funding. They've raised over $150,000. The little girl (Claudia) reminds me of Lili with her curly hair. She appears about 2 years younger than Lili. That video resonates with me...the words ("The daughter I've always wanted..."..."her most pronouced signs of autism is her silence"). While Lili is still a "woman of few words" I am proud to say she is saying more and more everyday, including "please" and "thank you". I'll never forget the silence though. I'm so glad I don't hear that deafening silence anymore. Click on the link in the sidebar and see the video - contribute 40 cents while you are at it!

No comments: